Last month she received her first award at school ( before you get too excited...EVERY child at her school will receive an award at some point during the year for something THEY excel in)...and it was the one day I couldn't be there to see her receive it. ( Yes, I shed more than a few tears over it). Chad , however, was able to be there and watch her walk up to the stage and get her certificate.
The best part about it...she had NO idea why she was up there. But as is in her nature, she just walked on up and accepted her Excellance in Writing award. ( We're talkin' writin' the alphabet here folks..). After she came down..she still didn't quite understand what had happened ( according to Chad) until he explained that she had done well in class with her writing skills.
Now all of this is neither here nor there but when I saw the pictures Chad took, two of them struck me as so different from one another. The first one is her up on stage receiving her award. She is by far the tiniest one up there , dwarfed by her peers, looking a tiny bit timid. The second is her by herself , confident, and just so darn grown up. So small, yet so big...
And of course the best part to her...."mommy!" " I got a re-ward to day , and look , I get a free dinner!" ( The award came with some gift certificates to some local restaurants, etc..) :-)
Olivia's most favorite thing to do in the whole wide world...is going out to dinner. :-)
xoxoxo
Good job baby girl...we love you so much. :-)

1 comment:
Are those all Kinders?!?!?!
Way to go Olivia! The written word is a lost art. :)
Post a Comment